Jump to contentJump to search

Information on Changing Your Subject

For Master's Study Programmes in English

In the Master's study programmes the departments are responsible for the application processes. If you have any questions about this, please contact the relevant academic advice. You can find the appropriate student advisor on the website of the study programme.

Is your desired subject not offered at HHU? You can find information about possible other universities on the hochschulkompass website.

Counselling before Changing Your Subject

There are various points of contact that can provide guidance on different questions:

  1. Reflecting on your decision in a personal conversation: Feel free to reach out to the study counselling team and email us to schedule an appointment. Alternatively, you can attend one of our open office hours.
  2. For questions related to the content and structure of a subject: Contact the respective departmental student committee or arrange an appointment with the academic advising. You can find the relevant contact through the study program database.
  3. For other questions about the process of changing your subject: Contact our Student Service Center (SSC). Send an email, call the hotline at (+49 211 81-12345), or visit in person. You can find the current office hours for student and examination administration regarding major changes here.


Responsible for the content: