HHU Düsseldorf has been the university of the Capital of North Rhine-Westphalia since 1965. Today around 37,000 students, more than 4,000 are foreign students, 2,000 professors and academic staff members and over 900 non-academics in one modern campus.
It regards itself as a "citizens´ university" and an interdisciplinary-focussed, networked and comprehensive university.
A wide range of study programs and excellent research conditions attract international students and researchers for all around the world.
Did you know? HHU is nationally and internationally renowned for its out-standing research centers in the areas of life sciences, physics, chemistry, language and social sciences. The university has an established tradition of inventions, patent applications, and technology transfer. A considerable number of highly successful spin-off companies were created on the basis of HHU research. Longstanding collaborations with associated Research Institutes perfectly supplement the university’s research portfolio. The University Hospital and Faculty of Medicine enjoy a remark- able international reputation for the integration of clinical service and research.
All in one campus, where everything is close by the city centre and easy to reach by public transport, car, (e)bike, (e)scooter or walking:
- the University Hospital (UKD)
- the University and State Library (ULB) open from 8.00 to midnight, with thousands of workspaces, large number of PC workstations, free-WiFi and scanners
- the Botanical Garden, the entrance is free
- Cateens and Cafeterias, buffet or menu for all tastes!
- and numerous students residencial buildings