Are you an international student? Are you enrolled at HHU for a degree course?
Are your academic achievements good to very good, but you got into financial difficulties during the final phase of your studies?
Then you can apply for a Completion of Studies Grant.
The scholarship is awarded under the programme "STIBET I – Kombiniertes Stipendien- und Betreuungsprogramm und DAAD-Preis" implemented by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) and funded by the Ministry of Culture and Science (MKW) of North Rhine-Westphalia.
You have performed well and expect to complete your studies successfully in the standard period of study within 12 months. This must be confirmed by the supervising professor.
Hardship: You find yourself through no fault of your own in an unforeseeable emergency situation in the final phase of your studies.
Voluntary work: You have excelled through outstanding voluntary work
You should please complete the application form for a STIBET Completion of Studies Grant, include the following documents and submit your full application in person to the International Office (appointments by arrangement):
1. CV in German or English
2. Current certificate of enrolment
3. Consent to funding from the respective Dean of Studies Office
in the case of State Examination applicants
4. Copy of Transcript of Records or Notification of Admission from the Examination Office in the case of State Examination applicants
Hardship cases additionally:
1. Justification of the emergency situation as an annex (typewritten text, maximum 350 words) in German or English
2. Bank statements from the last 3 months (originals for inspection)
Voluntary work additionally:
1. Proof of voluntary work