Are you an international student? Are you enrolled at HHU for a degree course?
Are your academic achievements good to very good, but you got into financial difficulties during the final phase of your studies? Or you are engaged in voluntary work at HHU?
Then you can apply for a Completion of Studies Grant.
The scholarship is awarded under the programme "STIBET I – Kombiniertes Stipendien- und Betreuungsprogramm und DAAD-Preis" implemented by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) and funded by the Ministry of Culture and Science (MKW) of North Rhine-Westphalia.
Students with a foreign higher education entrance qualification who are studying at HHU.
- Your grades are good.
- You will complete your studies successfully within 12 months.
- The supervising professor confirmed your good grades and your expected completion of studies.
Hardship: You find yourself through no fault of your own in an unforeseeable difficult financial situation in the final phase of your studies.
Voluntary work: You have excelled through outstanding voluntary work.
A STIBET Completion of Studies Grant can be awarded for up to a maximum of 12 months. Income and other scholarships (upwards of € 450) are taken into account in the rate.
Maximum monthly rate of graduation grant: 861 €
Fill out the application form for a STIBET Completion of Studies Grant, include the following documents and submit your full application in one PDF file to :
1. CV in German or English
2. Current certificate of enrolment
3. Confirmation of supervising professor about your grades and expected completion of studies
3. Consent to funding from the respective Dean of Studies Office
in the case of State Examination applicants
4. Copy of Transcript of Records, or Notification of Admission from the Examination Office in the case of State Examination applicants
Hardship cases additionally:
- Justification of the emergency situation as an annex (typewritten text, maximum 350 words) in German or English
- Bank statements from the last 3 months (originals for inspection)
Voluntary work additionally:
- Proof of voluntary work
Applications can be submitted at any time. Scholarships are awarded based on the availability of funding.
A selection committee at HHU. There is no entitlement to the granting of a scholarship.