Jump to contentJump to search


De-registration refers to the removal from the register of students for a variety of reasons, this also includes graduation.


If you have graduated or decide to de-register from Heinrich-Heine-Universität Düsseldorf because of another reason, then you may use the official form to conclude the process of de-registration. You can find the de-registration form by accessing the  E-Student-Services.  Please also make sure that you don't have any books from the library of the Heinrich-Heine-Universität Düsseldorf in your possession or unpaid fees or unpaid late fees.


CAUTION: If you just want to change your major, are about to start your master's programme after having completed your bachelor's programme or wish to enrol for doctoral studies, you just have to use our official change of subject form: „Fachwechselantrag“. Students who have passed all exams of the previous semester or were removed from the register of students because of different reasons have the option to revoke this decision in the course of the following semester. This may be the case if you didn't pass an exam or you want to improve your marks by means of a free additional attempt („Freiversuch“). „Freiversuch“ is an option for students to improve their marks if they passed an exam but aren't satisfied with their mark. Get in touch with your faculty to find out whether this option applies for you.


For further information please contact „Studierendenservice“ the Student Services Center (SSC).


If you have any questions regarding your chosen study programme or think of leaving your current study programme but would like to have a conversation regarding your choice altogether, then please contact „move!“ –Team of „Studienberatung“ Study Counselling.

Responsible for the content: