Our young university already has a long tradition: It has grown out of the Medical Academy founded in 1907. In 1965 the university was created by the state of North Rhine-Westphalia. It started with three faculties: the Faculty of Medicine, the Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences, and the Faculty of Arts and Humanities.
In 1988 it was renamed Heinrich Heine University and experienced a period of dynamic growth. In the 1990s two new faculties were added: the Faculty of Business and Economics and the Faculty of Law. Today, around 34,000 students, more than 2,000 lecturers and 900 further employees study, teach, and work on our campus.
Please find further information on the German website.