Are you interested in engaging in our Citizen Science Projects? Or do you have an idea or project contribution?
Let‘s join forces to spread citizen science in Europe!
If you would like to contribute to citizen science and share your project idea with the UNIVERSEH researchers community, feel free fill out this form and send it to us:
Data Protection Information: Please be aware that you do not need to enter your name. However, if you wish to be contacted and to be connected with allied researchers, please enter your name (and e-mail for verification and reply purposes) in the spaces above. By entering your name and email you voluntarily agree, that members of the UNIVERSEH Alliance can contact you. Your consent is granted voluntarily and shall apply indefinitely until it is withdrawn. Please be aware that you shall not experience any disadvantages if you deny consent. You can withdraw your consent to the data processing in whole or in part by notifying the contact person stated in the data protection notes in text or written form at any time and without stating reasons. Please be aware that any withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of the processing based on consent before withdrawal.
The European Space University for Earth and Humanity (hereinafter referred to as UNIVERSEH) at the Heinrich Heine University Düsseldorf (hereinafter referred to as HHU) provides these data protection notes in order to fulfill its duty to provide information on the processing of personal data stated above pursuant to Article 13 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Further information can be found in the HHU privacy statement
Please refer to the definition in Article 4 GDPR with regard to the terms “personal data”, “processing”, 'controller', 'third party', etc. used here.
1. Contact details
The controller for the processing is the Heinrich Heine University Düsseldorf, a corporate body under public law (Körperschaft des Öffentlichen Rechts) supported by the State of North Rhine-Westphalia (NRW). It is represented by the President, Professor Dr Anja Steinbeck.
1.1 Contact details of the controller
Heinrich Heine University Düsseldorf, Universitätsstr. 1, 40225 Düsseldorf ; Tel.: +49 211 81-10000
1.2 Contact for the processing
European Space University for Earth and Humanity (UNIVERSEH); Prof. Dr. Stefan Marschall; Tel.: +49 211 81- 10015
1.3 Contact detailhttps://spacedictionary.phil.hhu.de/s of the Data Protection Officer The official Data Protection Officers of the Alliance partners can be contacted by mail at the controller’s address given above or as follows:
HHU Data Protection Officer; Tel.: +49 211 81-13060; E-Mail:
2. Information on the personal data processed Within the framework of UNIVERSEHs’ citizen science platform, the following personal data is processed:
First and last name
3. Purposes of and legal basis of the processing Your personal data is processed according to the provisions of the GDPR, and the State Data Protection Act (Landesdatenschutzgesetz) for the following purposes:
The e-mail address of participants is stored for verification purposes in case they withdraw their consent to publish their name with the entry.
The legal basis for the processing of the personal data is the declaration of consent provided by the data subject pursuant to Art. 6 (1) a. GDPR.
4. Transfer of personal data
No personal data will be transferred to third parties.
5. Duration of the processing and data erasure The HHU store your data as long as necessary for the fulfillment of the purposes listed in Section 3, for the fulfillment of contractual obligations, or legally prescribed obligations. Thereafter, at the latest by August 2024, the data is deleted.
6. Your rights as the data subject
As the data subject, you may assert the rights granted to you the EU GDPR at any time:
- The right to information about whether and which of your data is being processed (Art. 15 GDPR). The restrictions set out in Art. 12 of the Data Protection Act of the State of North Rhine-Westphalia (Datenschutzgesetzt NRW) shall apply The right to demand rectification or completion of your personal data (Art. 16 GDPR) The right to erasure of personal data pursuant to Art. 17 GDPR. The restrictions set out in §10 DSG NRW shall apply The right to demand restriction of the data processing pursuant to Art. 18 GDPR The right to object to any future processing of your personal data pursuant to Art. 21 GDPR The right to withdraw consent at any time. This shall not affect the lawfulness of the processing based on consent before its withdrawal (Art. 7 (3) GDPR)
In addition to these rights, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority in particular in the Member State of your residence, place of work or place of the alleged infringement (Art. 77 GDPR).
The HHU’s supervisory authority is the State Commissioner for Data Protection and Freedom of Information for the State of North Rhine-Wesphalia; Kavalleriestraße 2-4; 40213 Düsseldorf, Germany; Tel.: +49 211 38424-0 ; E-Mail:
Please contact our Data Protection Officer before lodging a complaint with the supervisory authority. We will do our best to solve the issue.
7. Validity of these data protection notes We reserve the right to amend these data protection notes where necessary to ensure compliance with amendments to relevant laws or regulations or to better meet your needs.
The latest version of these data protection notes as published by HHU shall apply.