Programmes with local admission restrictions (ONC) /DoSV Subjects
Applicants from other EU member states, Non-EU citizens with a university entrance qualification from an EU country, Bildungsinländer (i.e. non-German applicants with German university entrance qualifications / German university degree) and naturalised German citizens (including those with multiple citizenship) are authorized to apply online for a university place for programmes with local admission restrictions (ONC) and DoSV subjects directly on our university website, just like German applicants.
Programmes with general admission restrictions (NC)
Applicants from other EU member states, Bildungsinländer and naturalised German citizens (including those with multiple citizenship) are to apply online for a university place to study medicine, dentistry or pharmacy as freshmen to the Stiftung für Hochschulzulassung (Central Office for the Allocation of University Places), just like German applicants. (Postal address: Stiftung für Hochschulzulassung, 44128 Dortmund; www.hochschulstart.de).
The selection criterion TMS (exam for medical studies) for the study programmes Medicine and Dentistry
For most admission quota the TMS is one of the selection criteria. You can find further information here.
Study programmes with open admission
Applicants from EU countries as well as non-EU citizens with a university entrance qualification from an EU country have to apply for study programmes with open admission by submitting the application form
The following documents must be uploaded for the application:
- school-leaving certificate (in original language and as an additional German translation issued by a certified translator as a certified copy; certificates issued in English and French don't have to be translated)
- proof of academic performance and degree (if applicable) (in original language and as an additional German translation issued by a certified translator; documents issued in English and French don't have to be translated)
- DSH certificate (DSH - 2/ -3) or equivalent proof of language proficiency
- If you already attended a Studienkolleg in Germany: of the Assessment Test (Feststellungsprüfung) with a summary of the subjects and marks
- If you have already enrolled at another German university: Please include a current certificate of enrolment from that univeristy; this certificate should include the subject, aspired degree and number of semesters spent at the university
- If you are in possession of an International Baccalaureate (IB), you have to additionally include your school report of the last two school years including your subjects and marks as well as a certificate stating that you have attended school for 12 years.
- Should you have changed your name (e.g. due to marriage): your marriage certificate or similar document
Certificates must be submitted in officially certified form at the time of enrollment.