All EU and non-EU citizens with a foreign university entrance qualification (Hochschulzugangsberechtigung – HZB) must submit recognised language certificate (e.g. DSH 2) for study programmes offered in German.
Subjects with local admission restrictions (ONC)/Dialogue-oriented Service Procedure (DoSV) subjects
Prospective students from EU member states, non-EU citizens with a university entrance qualification (HZB) from an EU country, “Bildungsinländer” (non-German applicants with a German university entrance qualification/degree from a German university) and naturalised German citizens (including those with dual citizenship) who possess a non-German university entrance qualification who wish to study subjects with local admission restrictions (ONC)/DoSV subjects should apply directly to the university exclusively via the online application portal in the same way as prospective German students.
Medicine, dentistry and pharmacy
Prospective students from EU member states, “Bildungsinländer” and naturalised German citizens (including those with dual citizenship) who possess a non-German university entrance qualification who wish to start studying medicine, dentistry or pharmacy (first subject-related semester) should apply online in the same way as prospective German students to the University Admissions Foundation (Stiftung für Hochschulzulassung, 44128 Dortmund, www.hochschulstart.de).
The TMS (Test for Medical Studies) selection criterion in the medicine and dentistry study programmes
The TMS is a selection criterion in the majority of admission quotas. You can find more information here.
Study programmes with unrestricted admission
Prospective students from EU countries as well as non-EU citizens with a university entrance qualification from an EU country should apply for study programmes with unrestricted admission here. The following documents must be uploaded for the application:
- School-leaving certificate (original language version plus a German translation issued by a sworn translator; certificates issued in English and French do not need to be translated)
- Proof of academic performance to date and degree certificate where applicable (original language version plus a German translation issued by a sworn translator; certificates issued in English and French do not need to be translated)
- DSH certificate (DSH 2/3) or equivalent proof of language proficiency
- If you have attended a Preparatory College (Studienkolleg) in Germany: University entrance assessment test (Feststellungsprüfung) certificate with a summary of subjects and grades
- If you have already started a study programme at a German university: Please include the current certificate of enrolment from that university indicating the subject, intended degree and number of semesters
- Holders of an International Baccalaureate (IB) must also include copies of certificates from the last two years of school indicating subjects and grades, as well as a certificate confirming 12 years of school attendance
- If you have changed your name (e.g. due to marriage): Marriage certificate or corresponding proof
Certificates must be submitted in officially certified form on enrolment.