!! The application period has expired !!
The Heinrich Heine University takes part in the "Service-Oriented Dialogue Procedure" (DoSV) Stiftung für Hochschulzulassung with the following study programmes in the winter term 2020/21:
- Economics (Bachelor)
- Biochemistry (Bachelor)
- Financial and Actuarial Mathematics program (Bachelor)
- Media and Culture Studies (Bachelor)
- Medical Physics (Bachelor)
- Natural Sciences (Bachelor)
- Philosophy, Politics and Economics (Bachelor)
- Psychology (Bachelor)
- Law (State examination)
- Social Sciences (Bachelor)
- Transcultural Humanities: Media, Texts, Languages in a Globalized World (Bachelor)
- "Volkswirtschaftslehre" (Bachelor)
- Business Chemistry (Bachelor)
DoSV is applied for study programmes with local restricted admission (restricted admission only at certain universities). Information about the application period can be found on the page hochschulstart.de.
International applicants (except EU-citizens) with foreign educational certificates who wish to apply for one of the above mentioned study programmes, please use this application application form.
Applicants who wish to apply for one of the above mentioned study programmes without the German Abitur ("Hochschulzugang ohne Abitur") please note the following information here.
The application consists of two steps:
1. You register at the hochschulstart online portal. After completing your registration, you will receive a BID (application identification number) and a BAN (application authentication number).
2. With your BID and BAN you can now apply at the online portal of the Heinrich Heine University.
Further information can be found on the "hochschulstart" checklist .
Please note the information concerning special request forms related to the application process (the same criteria as for study programmes with nationwide admission restriction apply):
- informationen about "special case" applications
- informationen for top athletes
- informationen regarding the improvement of your mark or waiting time
- informationen about completed services
Your waiting time after having completed your secondary school degree (Abitur) will be calculated automatically. Please do not submit any training certificates. Only in case you have acquired your university entrance qualification (Abitur) before July 15, 2008, a completed vocational training/employment period before the completion of your Abitur may account for additonal waiting time.
Applicants who are still underage at the time of the start of the lecture period can be potentially considered for a special quota.
If you were born after November 2nd, 2002 and you are registered at the main residence of your parents in one of the following regions, please additionally include a current registration card:
- city of Düsseldorf
- city of Duisburg
- Mettmann district
- rhine-district Neuss
- further additional cities and districts can be found here
Applicants who have already finished their studies in a different subject at a German university have to submit a certified copy of their degree which includes the final mark as well as a written statement explaining why they decided to apply for a second subject until August 20, 2020 at the student and examination office. Generally, the same regulations and criteria as for the study programmes offered via "hochschulstart"apply. Here you can find further information