Jump to contentJump to search

Student Services for students

Whether you need to report a change of address, pay fees, obtain information on the HHU card, de-register or just have a quick question: We are here to help! Here you can see at a glance a selection of the most important services on offer to students at the SSC:

The Student Services Centre (SSC) will be open Monday till Friday from 9am – 3pm.

The SSC hotline is currently available from 10am – 4pm by calling +49 211 81-12345.
Frequently asked questions and solutions for the most common problems are listed here.

Services for students at the SSC

You can re-register for the summer semester 2024 from 15 January to 15 February 2024. The semester fee is €298.05. Please transfer the fee to the following bank account:

Recipient: Heinrich Heine University
IBAN: DE55 3005 0000 0004 0011 11
Reference: Student ID number, first & last name, date of birth

Please note: For technical reasons, it is essential that you enter the reference exactly as it is stated.

De-registration will be carried out on application. Please ensure beforehand that you have returned all borrowed books and that you do not owe the library any fees.

Students who have completed all components of their final exams in the previous semester and subsequently de-register or do not re-register can subsequently apply to retract their de-registration in the following semester if it becomes clear that they have not passed an exam or if they wish to resit an exam to improve their grade after taking an exam attempt that does not count if it is failed (“free exam attempt”).

You can request de-registration via the E-Student-Services portal under “Applications”. Your application will then be processed by the administrative team and you can download your certificate of de-registration from the E-Student-Services portal after processing.

Application for de-registration

You can request address and name changes via the E-Student-Services portal.
In order to change your name, you must submit a change of name certificate from the Residence Registration Office or a marriage certificate. Please upload the certificate as a file with your application.

TIN (trans*, inter* and non-binary) students can also request an advance change of their registered (first) name and gender via the E-Student-Services portal.

E-Student-Services portal

You can order a new HHU card directly on payment of a fee of €10 by debit card (alternatively: submission of a transfer confirmation):

Bursar’s Office Düsseldorf,
IBAN: DE55 3005 0000 0004 0011 11
Reference: Student ID number

and submission of a completed notification of loss form.

Notification of loss form (German only)

Fees charged by the Registrar’s Office can be paid by debit card at the SSC and are booked/confirmed directly.

You can submit your applications for higher semesters, swapping university places and withdrawal from exams at the SSC. Applications are accepted and forwarded to the Registrar’s Office. The Registrar’s Office is exclusively responsible for providing information relating to and the processing of applications.

Registrar’s Office

We can answer many queries directly without an appointment during our opening times. In the case of more extensive questions, we will point you to the right advisory service.

You can download certificates of enrolment, “BAföG” funding certificates and Transcripts of Records from the E-Student-Services portal.

E-Student-Services portal

Responsible for the content: